We Foster a Culture of Creativity.Vincent Van Gogh once said, “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” As a boutique firm led by creatives, we choose to stay small at our core enabling us to operate nimbly, efficiently; giving our clients the hands-on, specialized attention that is the hallmark of our success. Dictated by the requirements of a project, we supplement with an extensive network of alliances collected over 25 years in the creative industries. This allows us to deliver the best possible solution for each and every project creating truly “great things.”
- Andrea Favilli
Andrea FavilliPresident & Chief Creative OfficerAndrea received his formal education at Art Center College of Design where he graduated with honors in 1986, but his education is rooted as a child growing up in Rome—drawing, painting, and sculpting—under the tutelage of his father Aldo Favilli, a motion picture art director at Cinecittà Studios. He is an accomplished sculptor and designer with extensive experience in story and creative development, character development theatrical production, planning and architectural design. After graduation, Walt Disney Imagineering recruited Andrea as a lead concept designer—part of an elite group that made up the “think tank” at the Walt Disney Company. While at WDI, he had the good fortune to work alongside many legendary Disney artists, including Ken Anderson and Claude Coats; and was mentored by the venerable Herb Ryman and master show producer Robert Jani, who helped shape his philosophy of creativity, storytelling, design and showmanship. During his time there, he contributed to projects around the world. After his tenure with WDI, Andrea founded Favilli Studio, continuing to hone his multi-disciplinary approach and expand his range of expertise working on leisure and hospitality projects with world-class firms WATG and Gensler; and entertainment projects with industry leaders. With this rare breadth of knowledge, Andrea is adept at leading teams on virtually any creative endeavor. The fuel for Andrea’s creativity is his love of ultra-running and adventure, which has taken him to five continents and the quest to climb the Seven Summits. He has summited five to date in Africa, Russia, South America, North America, and Antarctica… with his sight set on Mt. Kosciuszko and Mt Everest.
- Camille Favilli
Camille FavilliVice-President & Director of DesignCamille Favilli has been working in the design industry for over 25 years. A graduate from the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California, she has practical knowledge in all aspects of the design process, from creating concept strategies, designing, assembling and supervising teams, conducting market research to determine objectives and criteria and establishing budgets and timelines. Camille began her design career with Maddocks & Co. in Los Angles where she worked extensively within the health and beauty, food and beverage, financial, sporting goods, auto-motive, technology, and cosmetic industries developing brand identities, product launches, packaging systems and comprehensive collateral programs. Having risen to the position of Associate Creative Director, Camille left Maddocks in 1996 and joined forces with her husband, Andrea Favilli, at Favilli Studio. With a keen aesthetic eye, she touches many components of the projects at FS as well as works hand inhand with Andrea in the operation of the business. Together they have strived to create an enriching studio environment and a stellar company.
- LM Rosenfeld
- LM RosenfeldVice President Global DevelopmentLM Rosenfeld grew up listening to her father ‘close the next deal’ for her Uncle Henry Rosenfeld—a prominent fashion designer and manufacturer. LM’s father would often recount stories about their glamorous company and the ‘red phone’ that sat on Uncle Henry’s desk, a direct connection to President John F. Kennedy.
While attending California State University Northridge, she had the great fortune to be mentored by Michael Milken of Drexel Burnham Lambert and the founder of the Milken Foundation, and experience first-hand the exciting world of business.
It was during this time that LM became one of the first TEA Board Directors and a featured speaker at IAAPA, ULI, ISCS, World Gaming, Fun Expo, American Gaming Summit and Leisure Expo.
Eventually though, LM found her love for business and development calling her as she joined Iwerks Entertainment directing their Business Development efforts.
LM established Link Management in 1998—a company dedicated to linking people, places and projects. Her clients included Edwards Technologies, the Large Format Association, and Entech. Then in 2000, she joined forces with her husband, Ron Jobson who founded ForSight Creations—a promotional marketing, graphic design and fabrication company. Among ForSight’s projects are work for Tinseltown Studios, Hollywood’s famous Grauman’s Chinese Theater, Universal Studios and City Walk, Chicago’s Navy Pier and the revitalization of Los Angeles’ historic downtown district.
Throughout her professional career LM has maintained a steady association and been a key advisor to Favilli Studio and is now excited to lead all new business development efforts for FS.
- Ben Wszalek
- Ben WszalekProject CoordinatorDriven by a lifelong passion for both theater and themed entertainment, Ben Wszakek received his formal education Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY studying theatrical direction. It was during this time that Ben served as student-director for several large-scale theatrical productions including The Zoo Story by Edward Albee and The Real Thing by Tom Stoppard.
Upon receiving his Bachelors Degree in 2013, Ben segued into the themed entertainment and hospitality industries, holding numerous positions at The Walt Disney Company—first as Attraction Lead for Disney Studio Special Events in Hollywood and later transitioning to hospitality where Ben worked as a front desk host at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California. After relocating to Orlando, Florida to complete a year-long management internship program at Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel and Spa at Walt Disney World, Ben served as a Guest Service Manager at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, and Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort. In 2015, armed with an unrelenting desire to delve deeper into experiential entertainment, Ben returned to his native Los Angeles where he joined Rethink Leisure & Entertainment as Project Coordinator. In the spring of 2016, Ben was then brought aboard the illustrious team of creatives at Favilli Studio where he lends his extensive knowledge of every realm of the entertainment industry and continues to hone his skills in both project coordination and development.
- Tina (Rongjuan) Gu
- Tina (Rongjuan) GuConcept ArchitectTina Gu, a native of Beijing China, received her Bachelor of Architecture from the Beijing Polytechnic University and worked in one of top 5 Chinese design institutes for 4 years as an architectural designer. She moved to the United States in 2002 to continue her architectural studies and attended the University of Arizona where she was an active student member of the AIA, winning a coveted design award in 2002. Tina received her Master’s of Architecture degree in 2003.
Early in Tina’s career, she worked as an associate architect and project lead on notable projects such as the California Latino Museum, the Pacific Amphitheater, the Georgia Aquarium and the LA Live Luxury Hotel and Conference Center. Realizing she had an affinity for hospitality and entertainment projects, Tina began to focus in that sector with projects that involve theme park planning and design, hospitality real estate development and residential commercial mix-use projects. Nurturing her interest in the industry, Tina joined the FS team in 2014 as a concept architect where she applies her talents to many facets of the projects from planning to design.
- Serge Tavour
- Serge TavourCivil EngineerWith over 25 years of experience and a record of accomplishments in the field of surveying in topographic survey, boundary surveying staking and civil engineering including commercial, residential and industrial project, Serge Tavour brings a wide variety of talents to FS. He is hands-on professional and results-oriented individual whose extensive work experience and thorough knowledge of computer software programs such as AutoCad, Civil 3D, Autodesk Land Desktop and MicroStation. Serge’s major strengths are his proficiency and his strong ability to follow and comply in all regulated environment and codes.
Prior to FS, Serge held many positions as Senior CAD Operator. His multilayered skills in surveying, topographic surveying, boundary surveying, staking, project design, street and railroad track improvement plans is a diverse set of skills. His extensive experience also includes consulting on variety of projects such as traffic improvement, railroad track improvement, Gold course projects, commercial, residential, and industrial precise and rough grading plans.
- Stefani Palmer
- Stefani PalmerSenior Graphic DesignerStefani Palmer is a graphic designer with over 18 years of professional experience. She received a BFA from the world-renowned graphics department at the California Institute of the Arts in Valencia. Specializing in the themed entertainment industry, her excellent design instincts enable her to create printed and digital materials with a look that perfectly complements a project’s subject matter.
With experience in producing graphics for some of the top brands around the world from construction barricades and signage for Universal Studios Hollywood, theater set pieces for Princess Cruises and gaming areas for multiple Harrah’s properties to signage for Thea Award-winning attractions including The Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour and the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum and touring exhibits such as Sesame Street Presents: The Body; Stefani’s creations can be seen in retail outlets, museums, casinos, cruise ships, theme parks, and various other locations throughout the world.
Adept at juggling numerous projects and responsibilities simultaneously, Stefani maintains a hand in every step of the graphics process; from ideation and conceptualization through designing, producing and assembling the final product.
- Marlies Urbauer
- Marlies UrbauerJunior Concept DesignerMarlies Urbauer has a bachelor of Arts in Studio Art from Cal State Channel Islands. Her focus is visual development and character design. She is proficient in digital painting and natural media, such as oil painting, watercolor and graphite. She stated taking classes at a young age at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, where she developed a keen interest in illustration and storytelling.
In addition to her love of art, Marlies has an interest in science and scientific illustration. She volunteered at the SEA Lab in Redondo Beach and the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles, which provided clear insight into the natural world; she draws on that knowledge and her passion for mythology to create unique characters and environments which link the real world to the imaginary. She also incorporates knowledge and interests from world history into her work as well. Having an interest in history she is able to add historical details into her illustrations and make the worlds she creates more relatable and real.
- Emma Divine
- Emma DivineAdministrative Assistant & Assistant Social Media ManagerEmma Divine is a social media manager and administrative assistant with a passion for all things creative. In 2012, Divine transitioned from the performing arts to personally assisting both New York Times’ best-selling author, Deborah Harkness and critically acclaimed avant-garde cirque troupe, The Lucent Dossier Experience. Her responsibilities included hair and wardrobe styling for interviews and photo shoots, assisting with vending, costuming, talent management and general production at private parties as well as major events such as the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Emma devoted her full attention, enthusiasm and focus to a plethora of tasks and specialized in bringing calm to a multitude of high-profile, very chaotic and rapidly changing environments, whilst allowing the talent the space to create and grow as artists.
In 2014, with an insatiable desire for exposure to every facet of the entertainment industry, Emma was thrilled to take the first step on a new career path that would eventually lead her to entertainment design. It was on this journey that Emma crossed paths with Favilli Studio, and it is at FS that she continues to build upon and hone her ever-growing skill set as a writer, event planner coordinator, personal and administrative assistant, as well as develop and manage social media and marketing.
- Doryce Bohana
- Doryce BohanaAdministrative AssistantDoryce Bohana’s experience includes working in the legal and real estate sectors; jobs in sales and many years as a devoted community volunteer. She has served as President of the Alhambra-San Gabriel-San Marino Soroptimist, an international women’s organization whose mission is to change the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world.
In addition to being an integral part of the FS team, Doryce also works with Mary Kay Cosmetics. A mother to five daughters and lots of grandchildren, she is motivated to “inspire people to be the best they can be and all thay God intends them to be.”
- Eddie S.Y. Wang, AIA
- Eddie S.Y. Wang, AIAFounder GLCEddie founded GLC in 2000, utilizing 30 years of global experience to offer companies forward-looking professional services.
Prior to founding GLC, Eddie co-founded The Jerde Partnership, along with Jon Jerde. Eddie served as Executive Officer and established the firm’s operational structure and organizational philosophy. Through outstanding leadership and innovative business thinking, Jerde applied its unique design philosophy, called “Placemaking,” to become the world’s leading designer of large commercial projects and regionally integrated development projects. At Jerde, Eddie completed over 60 large projects in Asia, Europe and the US, integrating urban design with architecture and improving the quality of life in many cities.
Eddie is a registered Architect in 26 U.S. states. He is committed to the development of architectural education, has often spoken at the US Urban Land Institute, and has been in other positions that focus on combining the academic and professional worlds.
- Robert Zeng
- Robert ZengCo-Founder, GLC ChinaMr. Zeng has engaged in the field of commercial building design for 30 years since 1980s, accumulating a great deal of resource and professional experience. During the 15 years in the United States, he worked for the international architectural firms or companies like GAP, LEO A DALY and Callison in Seattle.
In the period of GAP, Mr.Zeng worked as design director, taking responsible for the store design, getting involved deeply in the operation of management system, business evaluation and products displaying as well.
At GLC, Mr.Zeng is heading expansion of GLC in China and responsible for project development and management of a wide range of projects, mainly in retail complexes and interior design. The completed projectsinclude large mixed-use like Guangzhou Grandview Mall, Poly Waterfront City in Nanhai, Incity Mall in Suzhou and Ningbo. The running projects includeTaihot Plaza in Fujian Province, Poly Cixi, and so on.
Mr.Zeng has a wealth of experience in visionary master planning, architecture and landscape design, hosting management and coordination throughout each stages, carrying out conceptual design, schemedesign, extended preliminary design and construction drawing design, ensuring consistency and completeness of product quality. He is especially skillful in satisfying functional requirement.
- Lee Lanselle
- Lee LanselleLeisure & Entertainment Development ExecutiveLee Lanselle is an expert in the business of theme parks, resorts and themed entertainment with more than thirty years of experience in planning, executing and implementing projects and operations. Lee has applied this expertise totheme park and resort projects globally including in China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, the United Arab Emirates and the USA.
In the development of the Disneyland Paris project, Lee worked with a legal and financial task force to establish the entity structure and requisite shareholder, management and license agreements for all resort elements. He was ‘président’ (chairman) of Euro Disneyland S.N.C., the financing company for the Disneyland Paris theme park.
During the construction of Tokyo Disneyland park, Lee relocated to Tokyo where he managed sponsorship development as well as the installation and opening of three major film-based attractions. After the park’s opening, he was named Director-Business & Legal Affairs, protecting Disney’s rights in Japan and solving operational issues as a member of the expatriate liaison team.
Lee was a Fulbright Fellow. In 1975 he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Japanese Studies – Economics from Yale University and in 1978 his MBA in financial policy and control from the University of Michigan. Mr. Lanselle speaks fluent French and conversational Japanese.